- Spectral intensity and phase, temporal intensity and phase measurements
- Real time measurement
- True single shot measurement in intensity and phase
- High degree of software controlled automation and internal camera assisted alignment
The FC (Few Cycle) Spider is a precision tool for complete spectral and temporal characterization of ultrashort laser pulses down to sub 5 fs pulse width with a spectral bandwidth of up to one octave.
Part of the APE Spider portfolio and based on the proven and patented SPIDER (Spectral Phase Interferometry for Direct Electric-field Reconstruction) technology1) using a non-drifting, etalon interferometer and a material dispersion stretcher, the FC Spider directly measures the spectral phase by analyzing a spectral interferogram.
With its two internal spectrometers (fundamental spectrum and upconverted interferogram) the FC Spider offers true single shot capability by being able to measure both spectra necessary for the pulse reconstruction at the same time and from the same pulse. Furthermore, the FC Spider Control Software is capable of calculating the temporal amplitude and phase in real time.
A high degree of automation for software assisted device calibration and alignment is implemented for user-friendly operation and to enable measurements with low input intensities.
The FC Spider is the ideal tool to optimize and monitor the performance of broadband Ti:Sapphire oscillators and amplifier chains with bandwidths larger than 30 nm. It supplements the APE Spider line towards shorter pulses.
1) International Patent Application No.: PCT/US98/15355, July 7th, 1998
|Wavelength range||550 … 1050 nm|
|Spectral bandwidth1||> 30 nm @ 800 nm|
|Pulse width||5 … 200 fs|
|Input repetition rate||Any, single shot|
|Input polarization||linear / horizontal|
|Input power||> 100 mW @ 80 MHz, 10 fs
approx. 20 mW @ 1 kHz, 20 fs
1 The total measurement range is divided into two different sub-ranges which can be easily switched by the user (two positions of the stretcher).
- Wavelength range 500 … 1000 nm
- Wavelength range 660 … 1160 nm
- External beam splitters and beam routing kit for low repetition rate lasers (kHz or less)
- Fiber option for fundamental input port