- Spectral intensity and phase as well as temporal intensity and phase measurements
- Real time measurement
- True single-shot measurement in intensity and phase
- High degree of software controlled automation and internal camera assisted alignment
The FC (Few Cycle) Spider VIS is a precision tool for complete spectral and temporal characterization of ultrashort laser pulses in the visible range with pulse widths from 60 fs down to 6 fs, depending on the central wavelength and associated crystal.
Part of the APE Spider portfolio and based on the proven and patented SPIDER (Spectral Phase Interferometry for Direct Electric-ﬁeld Reconstruction)1) technology using a non-drifting, etalon interferometer and a material dispersion stretcher, the FC Spider directly measures the spectral phase by analyzing a spectral interferogram.
With its two internal spectrometers (fundamental spectrum and upconverted interferogram) the FC Spider offers true single shot capability by being able to measure both spectra necessary for the pulse reconstruction at the same time and from the same pulse. Furthermore, the FC Spider Software is capable of calculating the temporal amplitude and phase in real time.
A high degree of automation for software assisted device calibration and alignment is implemented for user-friendly operation and to enable measurements with low input intensities.
The FC Spider is the ideal tool to optimize and monitor the performance of visible short pulse laser sources such as optical parametric oscillators or optical parametric amplifiers with bandwidth of larger than approx. 10 nm. It supplements the A·P·E Spider line towards shorter pulses in the visible.
1) International Patent Application No.: PCT/US98/15355, July 7th, 1998
|Wavelength range||450 … 900 nm|
|Spectral bandwidth1||10 … 50 nm @ 550 nm|
|Pulse width||10 … 150 fs @ 550 nm|
|Input repetition rate||Any, single shot|
|Input polarization||linear / horizontal|
| Software Features:
▪ Alternative interferogram demodulation analysis: Fourier / Wavelet
1 The total measurement range is divided into two different subranges which can be easily switched by the user (two stretcher positions).
- Pre-mounted optics optimized for various center wavelengths:
|Center wavelength||Pulse width||Spectral bandwidth|
|500 nm||12 … 180 fs||6 … 30 nm|
|600 nm||8 … 120 fs||14 … 70 nm|
|700 nm||6 … 100 fs||25 … 125 nm|
|800 nm||7 … 80 fs||40 … 140 nm|
- External beam splitter and beam routing kit for low repetition rate lasers (kHz or less)