- Spectral intensity and phase as well as temporal intensity and phase measurements
- Real time measurement
- True single-shot measurement in intensity and phase
- High degree of software controlled automation and internal camera assisted alignment
The IR Spider is a precision tool for the complete spectral and temporal characterization of infrared (IR) laser pulses with a bandwidth of > 6 … 50 nm and a width between 30 … 500 fs at 1 μm wavelength. For chirped pulses up to 5 ps width, the sign of the chirp can be detected – ideal for e.g. the alignment of pulse compressors.
Part of the APE Spider portfolio and based on the proven and patented SPIDER (Spectral Phase Interferometry for Direct Electric-field Reconstruction) technology1) using a non-drifting, etalon interferometer and a grating stretcher in a user friendly design, the IR Spider directly measures the spectral phase by analyzing a spectral interferogram.
With its two internal spectrometers (fundamental spectrum and upconverted interferogram) the IR Spider is able to simultaneously measure both spectra that are necessary for the pulse reconstruction from the same pulse. As a result it offers a true single shot capability.
Furthermore, the IR Spider Control Software is capable of calculating the temporal amplitude and phase in real time. A high degree of automation for software assisted device calibration and alignment is implemented for user-friendly operation and to enable measurements with low input intensities.
The IR Spider is optimized for measurements in the IR and extends the APE Spider line towards longer pulse durations.
1) Patent No.: EP 1000315, WO 1999/006794
|Wavelength range||970 … 1070 nm|
|Spectral bandwidth||6 … 50 nm|
|Pulse width||30 … 500 fs|
|Input repetition rate||Any, single shot|
|Input polarization||linear / horizontal|
|Input power||> 100 mW @ 80 MHz
~ 20 mW @ 1 kHz
| Software Features:
▪ Alternative interferogram demodulation analysis: Fourier / Wavelet
- Customized wavelength ranges on request
- External beam splitter and beam routing kit for low repetition rate lasers (10 kHz or less)
- Fiber option for fundamental input port